Peel vs. Triple Whale Key Differences
You landed here looking for Triple Whale alternatives, so we’ll cut to the chase: Peel and Triple Whale are often compared, but we solve two totally different, and essential, sides of the coin.
Here’s the TLDR in comparing Peel and Triple Whale:
Peel = growth through improving retention and repeat purchases
Triple Whale = widening top of funnel through attribution
Peel is best if:
- You’re a $1M - $50M ARR D2C brand
- Lots of your profit comes from repeat purchases or subscriptions
- You’re focused on increasing LTV
Peel focuses on really helping you understand the connection between your products, your customers and your campaigns. With that, you get:
- Attribution & retention tracking
- Deep retention analysis
- RFM Analysis
- Intuitive insights + visualization
- Product analytics
- Market Basket Analysis
- Purchasing Journey
- Open-ended customization
- Industry's deepest cohort views
- KPIs and goal tracking for all metrics
Triple Whale is best if:
- You have a super sophisticated acquisition strategy
- You want to widen the top of your funnel
- You're more focused on one-time purchases
Triple Whale strengths:
- Deeper attribution than out-of-the-box Shopify sessions
- Pixel tracking
- Influencer/affiliate suite
- Creative Cockpit ads analytics
Triple Whale downsides:
- No retention data
- Limited product analytics
- Another high cost for your acquisition strategy
- Lacks segmentation depth on most metrics
- No subscription analytics
More on Peel compared to Triple Whale
Peel is primarily a BI platform made for product marketers and retention managers that caters to their specific playbooks by going deep on product and customer data.
Peel answers questions like:
- Who are my best customers?
- How often are my customers repurchasing?
- When are my one-time purchasers converting to subscribers?
- Who’s in danger of churning and needs to hear from us?
- Which campaigns increased LTV over 6 months?
- Who are my potential loyalists?
- Which product bundles are driving the most sales?
- What are my top product combos from purchase to purchase?
Triple Whale is primarily an attribution tool that helps ecommerce brands understand their acquisition picture in as much detail as possible.
Triple Whale answers questions like:
- Where are my customers coming from?
- What are my best acquisition channels?
- Are specific influencers or campaigns driving the most ROI?
Boiled down to the simplest terms:
Triple Whale = how’d the customer get there?
Peel = what’d the customer do (and continue to do) after they got there?
Final thoughts on Triple Whale alternatives
When you think of Triple Whale alternatives, it’s a matter of asking yourself these questions:
- Do I want to go all in on widening my acquisition funnel?
- Do I want to get more revenue from customers who love my products?
If it’s yes to #1, then your Triple Whale alternatives would be the Northbeams and Rockerboxes of the world. Deep attribution tools that help you with top of funnel acquisition.
If it’s yes to #2, then we suggest you connect to Peel. Hit the button on the right👉 if you want to chat with us first, or you can get started with a free 7-day trial to get a feel for the platform.